The World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh needs you! Help us continue our award-winning programming in Western Pennsylvania. Help support the only organization promoting a nonpartisan forum in which to discuss the full range of international issues confronting our region, and help us prepare Pittsburgh area students to compete in a global marketplace. Support the Council through a variety of opportunities!
Corporations can contribute through:
- Donations. Donate to our annual fund! Annual fund support fills the gap between operating expenses and income, and thus it is integral to our continued success.
- United Way. If you are a business or corporation, you can designate your business’ contributions to United Way by selecting the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh’s Contributor Choice Agency Code #471 and encourage your employees to do likewise.
- Sponsorships.We are always looking for program sponsors and with so many award-winning programs, there is plenty of opportunity to identify your company with an extraordinary program. Click here to learn about our sponsorship opportunities, and don’t forget, we are always happy to help you build the perfect package for your company.
- Membership. Corporate and institutional members are integral to the World Affairs Council’s success! They enable stronger global connections that are vital to the continued civic, cultural, and economic vitality of our region. Corporate members provide indispensible support for our educational programs and public policy discussions.
- Tax payments. If you would like to learn how to reduce your taxes while simultaneously donating to the Council you can do that through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program. click here. Remember, we are always happy to help you build the perfect package for your company! To download the complete EITC Business Guidelines and Application, click here. For more information or to begin supporting the Council today contact Annie Prucey, Vice President, at 412.281.7028 or email@example.com.
Individuals can contribute through:
- Donations. Make an individual donation to our annual fund or ask your company to support the Council, and don’t forget to explore your employer’s matching gift opportunities. Many corporations will “match” an employee’s charitable gift — thereby doubling the impact of your support at no added expense to you. Find out your company’s policy today!
- United Way. The World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh is a United Way Contributor’s Choice Agency, making it easy for you to designate your individual contributions to a nonprofit that is making a difference locally. Simply select the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh’s Contributor Choice Agency Code #471 on your pledge form.
- Membership. Become a member and invite your company to join as well! There are several different membership levels to suit your interests. Membership also makes a great gift this holiday season!
- Volunteerism. Volunteer with the Council! With a small staff and over 100 programs annually, the Council relies on volunteers to help us with everything from office management to event production. We also offer internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. For more information about volunteer opportunities, contact Elizabeth Cook, Program Associate, at 412-224-4339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.