- This event has passed.
Summer Institute for Teachers
June 25, 2019 @ 8:30 am - June 26, 2019 @ 2:30 pm
22nd Annual Summer Institute for Teachers:
A Shifting World: Key Global Issues
Tuesday, June 25 – Wednesday, June 26, 2019
8:30 am – 2:30 pm
Will today’s students be prepared to face global challenges and opportunities? The World Affairs Council’s Summer Institute provides educators with new content and tools to prepare students for an interdependent and rapidly changing world.
The 2019 Institute will feature briefings by experts on various topics, such as:
The Global Refugee Crisis
Britain, the EU, and US-UK Trade
Cybersecurity and Cryptocurrency
- Feyisola Alabi, Welcoming Pittsburgh, Office of Mayor William Peduto
- Dr. Nicolas Christin, Carnegie Mellon University
- Natasha Garrett, PhD, La Roche University
- Brenda Green, Jewish Family and Community Services
- Marian Lien, Governor Wolf’s Advisory Committee on Asian Pacific American Affairs
- Ivonne Smith-Tapia, University of Pittsburgh
Plus, representatives from Duolingo, Global Links, and Classrooms Without Borders will share information about their experiential learning opportunities.
Benefits of Attending
- Get the training and the resources you need to help your students understand today’s changing world
- Connect with professionals in the field.
- Enhance curricula to support a greater understanding of global issues.
- Earn Act 48 credit.
Who Should Attend?
- Teachers from all content areas
- Curriculum specialists
- Pre-service teachers and education faculty
The Summer Institute for Teachers is made possible in part through the generous support of the Henry C. Frick Educational Fund of The Buhl Foundation.