Teach Africa Youth Forum: Global PerspectivesNov 13, 2017 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Geared towards high school students, the Teach Africa Youth Forum: Global Perspectives will encourage an integrated approach to learning about Africa.
- Learn about U.S.- Africa Relations, Peace and Governance, Trade and Investment, Media and Technology, Global Health, and Human Security
- Participate in a forum for cultural exchange fostering global consciousness and understanding
- Experience workshops with experts addressing country-specific themes
- Enjoy an African cultural performance
Keynote panel will include prominent speakers such as:
- Ambassador Dr. Kwame Bawuah-Edusei, former Ghanaian Ambassador to the U.S., businessman and philanthropist
- Ambassador Pamela Bridgewater, former U.S. Ambassador to Ghana and Jamaica, Board Chair and CEO of The Africa Society
This event is offered at NO CHARGE to high school students and accompanying teachers. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Register now! At this time, we are only taking registrations for the waitlist.
The registration deadline is Monday, October 30.
Note: Duquesne University requires teacher chaperones to submit copies of their clearances and a certificate of completion for “Mandated Reporter” or a similar course. Students must submit two forms: Parental Waivers and Media Release. Links to forms will be provided upon registration. Forms and clearances are due by Wednesday, November 1, 2017.
Questions? Please contact Joe Poskin at 412-281-7048 or email@example.com.
This event is brought to you in partnership with The Africa Society of the National Summit on Africa and the Duquesne University Center for African Studies.