Student-centered and with a focus on experiential learning, the Certificate provides high school students from diverse communities with opportunities to participate in project-based global learning activities in a highly collaborative space.
Students are required to complete a range of globally-focused experiences, which include the following:
– Dynamic Global Studies course via an online learning community
– Innovative activities to connect with experts and peers
– Completion of a globally-focused service learning project
– 100 hours of engagement
Students can also become eligible for global experiential learning opportunities based in
Washington, D.C. and around the world.
This program is currently only open to students in the Western Pennsylvania region
The Certificate program is grounded in global competency research conducted by Harvard University
and the Asia Society.
Year-round student learning covers topics related to:
- Investigating the World
- Communicating Ideas
- Recognizing Diverse Perspectives
- Bringing Awareness to Action
While providing leadership opportunities, the Certificate also affords the following benefits:
- Effective communication skills
- Increased competitiveness for college admissions
- Greater engagement with global issues and perspectives
- Enhanced knowledge and exposure to international career options
- Networking opportunities with peer
Want to learn more?
Please contact Kathleen Newell, Education Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-281-7973.
Ready to enroll? Register here! Enrollment is now open through February 28.