Thanks to the support of these generous sponsors, we are able to help give students in our region a globally focused education and a world of opportunities.
The Global Leadership Certificate Offers High School Students Free Global Education and a Path for Success in College and the Workforce
Students from diverse communities in the region participate in global learning activities in a highly collaborative space.
Program requirements include 75+ hours of:
- A dynamic online global studies course
- Innovative activities to connect with experts and peers
- A globally focused service-learning project
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to become globally competent
- Prepare for college and the workforce
- Connect with opportunities to receive scholarships to travel domestically and abroad
- Develop an understanding of the importance of diversity and inclusion
- Life changing experiences for the students
- More globally minded citizens for our communities
- More qualified workforce for our region
The World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh reaches 4,000 students and educators in 147 schools each year and has sent 146 students on full scholarships abroad over the past 15 years.