46th World Affairs Institute for Student Leaders
Annual student conference on a major international issue or region
Foreign Policy Challenges for the New Administration
November 15, 2016
Senator John Heinz History Center, 1212 Smallman St., Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Registration begins at 8:45 a.m.
Program runs from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Parking is available in a paid lot across the street from the History Center. Buses can drop students off in a drop off/pick up area in front of the History Center.
The background paper for the Institute can be found here. This year’s paper was written in collaboration with the Council on Foreign Relations.
The Institute scenario can be found here. This year’s scenario was adapted from the Council on Foreign Relations.
Click here for student and chaperone registration.
9:00 a.m.: Welcome and Introduction
9:20 a.m.: Keynote Address
- Lawrence Korb, Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress
10:30 a.m.: Break
10:45 a.m.: Expert Panel on Foreign Policy Challenges
- Allyson Lowe, (moderator), Dean, College of Leadership and Social Change, Carlow University
- William Adams, Vice President and Senior International Economist, PNC Financial Services Group
- Jean-Jacques Ngor Sène, Associate Professor of History, Chatham University
- Mike Staresinic, Co-Chair, Work Group on Crisis, Conflict, and Transition
11:45 a.m.: Institute Luncheon and Group Discussion Session
1:45 p.m.: Break
2:00 p.m.: Feedback from Discussion Groups.
Reconvene in Mueller Center for final remarks from each group.
3:00 p.m.: Adjournment