The World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh is hosting a series of events from June 8, 2017 to June 10, 2017 as part of the World Affairs Councils of America National Board Meeting and Leadership Summit.
The Leadership Summit will open with a welcome reception on Thursday, June 8, featuring:
- Ambassador Roman Popadiuk, Chairman, World Affairs Councils of America
- Charles Stout, Chairman, World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh
- County Executive Rich Fitzgerald
- Douglas H. Paal, Vice President for Studies at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
The leadership workshops will be held from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm on Friday, June 9 and will include a session with a number of local Foundations:
- Sylvia Fields, Eden Hall Foundation
- Kelly Uranker, Pittsburgh Foundation
- Evan Frazier, Highmark
- Kate Dewey, The Forbes Fund
The foundation panel will be followed by a session with fundraising coach and consultant Spencer Abruzzese and a keynote luncheon with Dr. Chris Howard, President of Robert Morris University.
The afternoon will include a session with Shelly Culbertson from RAND on Preventing a Lost Generation of Syrian Refugees, as well as break-out sessions.
Throughout the weekend, attendees will have the opportunity to experience the vibrant diversity of Pittsburgh, including:
- Andy Warhol Museum
- City of Asylum
- Le Mont/Mt. Washington
- Frick Environmental Center
The World Affairs Councils of America supports the high-quality programs, educational initiatives, and operational excellence of more than 90 nonprofit, nonpartisan member Councils across the United States. WACA and this nationwide network of World Affairs Councils strive to foster deeper understanding of key global issues and to provide access to leaders and decision-makers so that our communities can better compete, collaborate, and make informed decisions in a complex world. For more information, please visit http://www.worldaffairscouncils.org.